Your Standard Keepsake Magic Ornament Event Will Be Out Of This World!
Collectors are already eager for the new Shuttlecraft Galileo ornament to arrive at your store! Trekkers are are equally anxious. Now is the perfect time to capitalize on the excitement generated by this historical landing of this STAR TREK Shuttlecraft Galileo in your store.
The Shuttlecraft Galileo Keepsake Magic Ornament is destined to become as sought after as its predecessor, the Starship Enterprise.
This new ornament crosses the final frontier in ornament design. It’s lighted and features the authentic voice of Mr. Spock wishing your customers a personal Christmas greeting.
Galileo also provides full margin for you.
TV Beams News Of Shuttlecraft To Earthlings
National television advertising will begin August 24, with a compelling message to viewers to purchase the Keepsake Shuttlecraft Galileo Magic Ornament.
TV commercials featuring Leonard Nimoy, will air on STAR TREK (the original series) reruns, on STAR TREK: The Next Generation (in syndication), and on NBC’s Today Show.
A color print ad will run in the Sunday Parade magazine and the USA Weekend magazine on August 30. Full-page color ads will also appear in “Official STAR TREK Fan Club Newsletter” magazine (August 21 issue) and in “StarLog” on September 1.
Be ready to welcome customers with a well-planned Shuttlecraft Landing Party event that will not only create goodwill and enthusiastic response from your customers, but will pave the way for future sales and continued customer loyalty.
Here’s What To Do
Read, display and distribute all the materials included in this promotion kit. They include:
INTRO & R-T-W MATERIALS
1 Bag Stuffer Slick
1 Ad Slick
1 Direct Mail Invitation Slick
200 Full-Color Direct Mail Invitations
1 20-1/2” x 30” Poster
1 8” x 10” R-T-W Entry Sign
300 R-T-W Entry Forms (6 pads of 50 each)
1 Entry Form Slick
1 Enterprise Mobile (R-T-W Prize)
1 News Release
SALES ASSOCIATE MATERIALS
12 Sales Associate Guides
12 Sales Associate Button Inserts
1 Entry Form Slick
1 8” x 10” Sign
1 8” x 10” Sign
Implementing The Promotion
August 2 – August 8
- Have your coloring contest entry forms printed with your store’s name, address, and entry deadline date.
- Have your bag stuffers printed. Be sure to have your printer to add your store name and address to the lower right hand corner.
- Have extra direct mail invitations printed with your store name, address and time of your costume contest imprinted.
August 9 – August 15
- Contact your local newspaper advertising representative and order your newspaper ad.
- While you are discussing your advertising with your newspaper representative, give him or her your Shuttlecraft Landing Party news release. Mail copies of the news release to local radio stations and to any other local newspapers that serve your trading area.
- Mail your full-color invitations to your Collector’s list and your best customers. Be sure to store stamp the invitations (inside and on the return address side) prior to mailing. Fill in the time of your costume contest as well. Use the direct mail invitations you had printed yourself when you run out of full-color invitations.
- Distribute your Coloring Contest Forms and arrange for a local art teacher to judge the entries.
August 16 – August 22
- Display your 20-1/2” x 30” poster in your window or in the wooden floor-stand holder at the front of the store (sku 19DH 555).
- Display your costume contest sign. Arrange for a local drama teacher to judge the costume contest.
- Staple your Shuttlecraft Landing Party bag stuffers to the outside of customer’s bags.
- Assemble your U.S.S. Enterprise Mobile and hang it from the ceiling.
- Have Sales Associates wear their Shuttlecraft Landing Party button inserts.
- Build your Shuttlecraft Galileo display in a prominent place. Display all other STAR TREK related products nearby. Make sure your U.S.S. Enterprise Mobile hangs where it can be seen from outside your store.
August 23 – August 27
- Position your Register-to-Win box and entry forms near your hanging mobile.
- Encourage Sales Associates to mention the Landing Party To customers and invite them to attend.
- Display coloring contest entries as they come in.
- Take photos of costume contest entrants to send to Hallmark. Judge contest and award prize. Suggested prizes include the Shuttlecraft Galileo, any item from your STAR TREK collection or a gift certificate from your store.
- Judge your coloring contest and award prize according to the firms in this kit.
After August 30
- Add the names and addresses from the entry forms to your customers direct mail list. After that is completed, mail the entry forms to Hallmark as instructed in your Universal Fulfillment Kit to be sure that your store is given credit for these in “The Very Best Program”.