1992 Galileo Commercial
Leonard Nimoy portrayed Lt. Spock for nearly 50 years and in 1992 he recorded a special holiday message from Spock for use within Hallmark’s Shuttlecraft Galileo ornament. That same year, Nimoy appeared as himself in a television commercial for the ornament where he gives the famous Vulcan salute.
- Leonard Nimoy: ”Excuse me. I’m interested in the new collectors ornament from Hallmark.”
- Hallmark Employee: “Ahh…the shuttle craft Galileo from the starship Enterprise.”
- Leonard Nimoy: “Precisely.”
- Hallmark Employee: “You know? It lights up when you plug it in. And listen…”
- Spock Ornament Recording: “Shuttle craft to Enterprise. Spock here. Happy holidays. Live long and prosper.”
- Leonard Nimoy: “Fascinating.”
- Voiceover: “For a store in your sector now carrying the Star Trek ornament call 1-800-HALLMARK.”
- Hallmark Employee: ”Live long and prosper, right?”
- Leonard Nimoy: “No, now take five.“
1993 Enterprise D Commercial
In 1993, Hallmark aired a television commercial featuring Patti Yasutakein the role of Nurse Alyssa Ogawa, who was seen questioning the shipboard computer and then replicating a USS Enterprise-D Keepsake ornament. Patti Yasutake played Nurse Alyssa Ogawa in 16 episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation and in Star Trek Generations and Star Trek: First Contact.
Majel Barrett-Roddenberry provided the voice of the computer. Majel, the “First Lady of Star Trek”, famously played the Trek roles of Number One, Nurse Chapel, M’Ress, Lwaxana Troi and the voice of most onboard computer interfaces throughout the series.
- Nurse Ogawa: “Computer, access the new Keepsake Magic Ornament from Hallmark.”
- Ship Computer/Replicator: “Accessing U.S.S. Enterprise, a collectible ornament accurately representing the the Galaxy Class starship. Ornament carries Earth date 1-9-9-3 and illuminates in a realistic manner.”
- Nurse Ogawa: “The new starship enterprise ornament please.”
- Ship Computer/Replicator: “Replications are copies. Only Hallmark carries authentic Keepsake ornaments.”
- Nurse Ogawa: “Suggest solution.”
- Ship Computer/Replicator: “Call 1-800-HALLMARK for store nearest you.”
1995 Klingon Bird of Prey Commercial
Hallmark’s television commercial for the 1994 Klingon Bird-of-Prey ornament featured Robert O’Reilly in the role of Gowron, commanding the bridge of a Klingon ship. His raucous Klingon language pitch was subtitled in English.
Robert O’Reilly appeared in the Star Trek franchise for over ten years primarily in his recurring role on Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine as Chancellor Gowron, the leader of the Klingon Empire.
O’Reilly made his first appearance in the Star Trek franchise with an appearance in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode “Manhunt”and his last as the character Kago-Darr in the Star Trek: Enterprise episode “Bounty”.
Marc Okrand, creator of the Klingon language, provided the language for the commercial. He is the author of three books about Klingons – The Klingon Dictionary, The Klingon Way and Klingon for the Galactic Traveler, as well as two audio-courses: Conversational Klingon and Power Klingon.
- Gowron (speaking in Klingon): “Greetings! In our many battles we have fought with honor and achieved…victory! So to celebrate I have gotten you all a gift. It’s a Klingon Bird of Prey Ornament.”
- Klingon #1 (speaking Klingonese): “It looks so real.”
- Klingon #2 (speaking Klingonese): “It even has working lights.”
- Voiceover: “Hallmark introduces the exclusive Klingon Keepsake Ornament. Call 1-800-HALLMARK for a Gold Crown Store near you.”
- Klingon #1 (speaking Klingonese): ”That was really nice of him.”
- Klingon #2 (speaking Klingonese): “Yeah, we should get him a thank you card.“
1995 Romulan Warbird Commercial
Martha Hackett appeared as the female Romulan officer. Martha auditioned for the role of Jadzia Dax in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, but lost out to Terry Farrell. She was cast as a member of the Terellian alien species in the finale of Star Trek: The Next Generation, “All Good Things…”. She appeared on Deep Space Nine as the Romulan Sub Commander T’Rul in the two part episode “The Search” in season three and starred as Seska in thirteen episodes of the television series Star Trek: Voyager.
- Hallmark Employee: “May I help…you.”
- Sub-commander: “You are aboard the the Imperial Warbird Khazara. You are here to explain this.”
- Hallmark Employee: “Oh…the new Hallmark Star Trek Keepsake Magic ornament?”
- Female Romulan Officer: “Pirated from the Romulan Empire!”
- Male Romulan Officer: “Sub-commander, it lights up!”
- Sub-commander: “Tell us what you know.”
- Hallmark Employee: “Oh…well, the Romulan Warbird ornament is at Gold Crown Stores for a limited time. You should get yours soon.”
- Voiceover: “Call 1-800-HALLMARK for the store nearest you.”
- Hallmark Employee: “You in town for a Star Trek convention?”